The Best 30 Day Weight Loss Challenge Ideas & 53 Steps to Help Lose Weight
Are you looking to lose weight, get healthier, and gain muscle but aren’t sure where to start? A 30-day weight loss challenge can be an amazing way to kickstart results and keep you motivated to continue getting fitter and healthier.
We’ve put together The Ultimate Guide to 30 Day Weight Loss Challenges to give you all the tools you need to start your weight loss journey.
How to Get Started With a 30 Day Weight Loss Challenge: 4 Important Health Habits
If you want to naturally boost your energy, lose weight, sleep better, and build muscle, here are four tips to get you started on your 30 Day Weight Loss Challenge. With consistency, these tips can turn into healthy habits that last a lifetime.
- Drink More Water – Aim to drink at least 2 litres of water each day to help flush toxins, prevent dehydration, and carry nutrients to cells. Add sliced fruit or freshly squeezed lemon juice to add natural flavour to your water if desired.
- Limit Sugar and Artificial Sweeteners – Avoid all artificial and refined sweeteners. If you want to add a little sweetness, use natural sweeteners such as honey or maple syrup. When using unrefined sweeteners, limit the total to 4 teaspoons a day.
- Pay Attention to Portions – Learn the proper portion sizes for each food group and follow the recommendations. Serving meals on salad sized (7 inches in diameter) plates is an excellent way to automatically cut down on portion sizes at mealtime.
- Prioritise Exercise – Aim to exercise at least 30 minutes a day, six days a week. Physical activity can be broken into 15 minutes bouts of exercise or completed all at once. Aim to complete a mix of both cardio and strength training exercises.
The Importance of Nutrition, Exercise, and Lifestyle Choices in Losing Weight and Staying Healthy
The right nutrition, exercise, and lifestyle choices can completely transform how you look and feel. By eating a nutrient-dense, balanced diet, exercising regularly, and making some simple lifestyle tweaks, you can maximise your health, naturally, increase energy levels, and boost your mood.
Not sure where to start? The 30 Day Weight Loss System from Isagenix takes the guesswork out of weight loss with its clearly outlined program and powerful nutritional supplements, meal replacement shakes, healthy snacks, and cleansing products. In 30 days, you can jumpstart your weight loss and efforts and form lifelong healthy habits.
53 Steps to Help Lose Weight
For even better results from the 30 Day Weight Loss System, try adopting one or more of the following weight loss tips for a month.
We’ve broken down these weight loss tips into sections: 20 nutrition tips, 20 exercise tips, and 13 lifestyle tips for a total of 53 steps to help lose weight.
Here are 53 steps to help lose weight in 30 days, starting with nutrition tips.
20 Ideas for 30-Day Nutrition Challenges for Weight Loss
- For 30 days, keep track of what you eat, how much you eat, where you eat, who you eat with, why you are eating, and what time you eat and take note of any trends.
- Try intermittent fasting (check out this guide to intermittent fasting and its benefits to get started) for 30 days.
- Keep track of your protein, fats, and carbohydrates every day for a month.
- Skip eating out at restaurants (save money and eat healthier all at once!).
- Count calories every day for a month.
- Avoid soda or other sugary drinks for 30 days.
- Skip adding any milk or sugar to your coffee or tea for a month.
- Avoid any added sugar for a month.
- Start each day with a healthy breakfast such as eggs and sprouted whole-grain toast or oatmeal with berries.
- Skip dessert and end each meal with a glass of water instead.
- Avoid eating any white pasta or white bread for 30 days and opt for whole grains instead.
- Cut out alcohol for 30 days.
- Eat at least 3 servings of fruit each day for a month.
- Instead of cookies, chips, or sweets, snack on vegetables instead.
- Eat leafy greens or a green vegetable every night with dinner.
- Ever tried papaya? Or eggplant? Try a new fruit or vegetable every day for 30 days.
- Start each meal with a big glass of water 30 minutes beforehand.
- Go vegetarian for 30 days and see if you experience any of the benefits of eating less meat.
- Take vitamins every day for a month.
- Eat at least 3 servings of vegetables every day for 30 days.
20 Ideas for 30-Day Exercise Challenges for Weight Loss
- Try a new yoga pose every day for 30 days.
- Walk or jog for 30 minutes every day.
- Stretch every day for at least 10 to 15 minutes.
- Do balance training every day for at least 15 minutes.
- Jump rope every day for a month. Start by jumping rope for 1 minute at a time and continue increasing your time as you improve.
- Skip the car and walk to school or work for 30 days if possible.
- Skip elevators and take the stairs instead every day for a month.
- Put on your favourite music and dance for 20 to 30 minutes every day!
- Wear a step tracker and aim to get 10,000 steps or more every day for 30 days.
- Do 100 jumping jacks every day
- Do 3 to 5 sets of burpees every day (at least 10 reps per set).
- Ride a bike (stationary or regular) every day.
- Swim for 20 to 30 minutes every day for 30 days.
- Do pushups every day. Pick a number that fits your ability level and add more reps as desired.
- Do a plank (or several sets of planks) every day for 30 days. Start with a 30-second plank before working your way up to holding a plank for a minute. Challenge yourself to see how long you can hold a plank at the end of 30 days.
- Do pullups every day. Again, pick a number that fits your ability levels or goals and adjust as needed). By the end of the month, challenge yourself to see how many pushups you can do in a row.
- Do squats every day. This excellent compound movement challenges multiple muscles at once. Start with 3 sets of 10 squats and add additional reps or sets as needed.
- Train your abs every day for a month.
- Do walking lunges every day for a month. Start with 3 sets of 10 and increase reps and sets as desired.
- Switch to a stand-up desk for 30 days.
13 Ideas for 30-Day Lifestyle Challenges for Weight Loss
- Skip TV at night for 30 days.
- Go to bed and wake up at the same time for a month.
- Wake up early to exercise every day for 30 days.
- Walk to the store instead of driving for a month.
- Spend part of your lunch break walking for 30 days. You can walk in a nearby park, around the building, or on a nearby walking trail.
- Every night after dinner, skip the urge to nap and walk for 15 minutes instead.
- Meditate every day for a month. Start by meditating for 5 minutes at a time and continue increasing the time from there.
- Practice self-love by repeating positive mantras to yourself every day for 30 days.
- Write in a gratitude journal every day for a month.
- Eat without any distractions (phone or TV) to practice mindful eating.
- Try meal prep (aim to make 3 or 4 days’ worth of meals in one cooking session at the start of the week to ensure you always have a healthy meal even on busy days).
- Read food labels and look closely at the ingredient lists before buying groceries.
- Drink water instead of eating when you think you are hungry.
Did You Choose a 30 Day Weight Loss Challenge to Try?
Which 30-day weight loss challenge fits your health and wellness goals? Once you decide on a weight loss challenge, set your starting date, track your progress, and get ready to transform your life.
If you would like support on your 30 Day Weight Loss Challenge or need personalised product recommendations, please reach out to our team and we’d be happy to support you on your wellness journey.